Last week we kicked off our first tastemaker gift guide with Beth Barden of Design Post Interiors. This week we're excited to feature another fabulous round-up of gifts hand picked by Mariella Cruzado of Splendor Styling Blog. We hope these features help inspire you as you shop for all the fabulous people on your list this year. xo
To simplify this process, here are a few of our tips for deciding where to register and how to put together a well rounded registry that guests feel inspired to shop from!
- Don't just register at big department stores: Maybe we're a little biased, but we always think it's a good idea to register with at least one smaller boutique shop that offers specialty gifts and home accents that you just can't find at big department stores. This might be a sweet gift shop in your hometown or it could be an online retailer...like Mintwood Home! Just a subtle hint, right?
- Pick a few different price points: This gives your wedding guests a chance to browse through and choose gifts that match their budget. Small vases, coasters and other bar accessories are great items to think about with lower price points!
- Design your Own Pillows: People love giving gifts that are customized, unique and special to you. Design your own pillows with us and add them to your registry. Someone is going to be thrilled to have the chance to give you something they know you're going to love and USE!
- Think about pieces that will transition from space to space: This one is huge. Think mirrors, lamps, art, side tables, bar carts--these are some of our favorite suggestions when people ask us how to make a space feel like a home. They are transitional pieces that you use from home to home. They can also make fun gifts for your friends to go in on together.
- Bedding: This is one that is often overlooked or forgotten about, but oh so important. Our coverlets and duvets are great basic building blocks for your marriage bed.
- Register for pieces that you love: At the end of the day, your friends and family are so excited for you to be getting married and want to get you the things that you love.